Thursday, March 10, 2011

Big Bro-isms, part two

1. Trey's GI tract is coming online, and as a consequence, he's gassy. Really gassy. Last night he was sounding his awesome newborn cackle at full volume for about an hour. Zane was convinced that I was responsible.

I eventually gave up trying to console and burp Trey and I took him with me while I cleaned up the house a little. The movement helped to calm Trey down and he stopped crying right as I was dropping the remains of dinner into the garbage, which has a metal lid that closes with a "clunk!"

Dianna was reading to Zane at the same time this was happening, and Zane heard the trashcan close, followed by silence. Zane turns to Dianna with saucer eyes and whispers to Dianna, "Mama! Daddy just threw Trey in the trash can!"

2. While playing Claw with Trey (rather, Trey hung out in my lap, Zane played Claw and dropped his stuffed-animal winnings on the floor around us).

"Hey Daddy, Trey doesn't talk very much."

Comedy gold.

No comments: